A good friend of mine picked this truck up from a farmer, who was using it as a ranch truck, about two years ago. Then, about a year ago he had a slight mishap in the middle of the puerco and rev'ed it more than a bit to high. It still runs, but barely and has a horrid knock.
The other night, we started talking about it, and one thing led to another, and we started tearing it down.
The goal for right now is just to get it drivable, off-roadable, and get some annying odd's and end's squared away. The hard part is that we want to do this as cheaply as possible.
We'll be scouring junkyards for a decent 350 this weekend.
Not much progress so far, but here goes anyway.
The crank assembly for the rear window was siezed, so for now, we just pulled it apart, took out the glass and are soaking the crank in carb cleaner before giving it some new clips and re-greasing it.
While doing that, we decided it was time to start the steps to get the motor out, as well as pulling the entire a/c system.
blowed up TBI 305
And we decided to pull the top now, since it doesn't take three people to disconnect a motor, and the next step involves the interior.
Then, we decided to call it a night, and cover it in true redneck style.
More to come when we have more free time.
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users